Our Gluten-Free Green Chile Cornbread Mix gets its pleasant heat from green Anaheim Chiles and its slight sweetness from our freeze-dried sweet corn. Essential ingredients like baking powder, rice flour and sugar complete the mix and make gluten-free cornbread both quick and easy.
- Sweet cornbread flavor with a spicy kick
- Finely ground, flour-like texture mixed with diced chiles and corn kernels
- Pale yellow in color with flecks of green
- Naturally gluten free
- Bake in a loaf pan for large, hearty slices or use a muffin tin for quick cornbread muffins
- Deep-fry balls of dough for a sweet and spicy corn fritter
- Use as tempura batter
Gluten-Free Iron Skillet Cornbread
Classic cornbread made easy and gluten-free. Our basic recipe kit is spiked with freeze dried corn and diced green Anaheim chiles
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 1-1/3 cups F+F Gluten-Free Green Chile Cornbread Mix
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted & divided
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk or water
- Set oven to 400°F and place 10- or 12-inch cast-iron skillet inside to preheat.
- Whisk together 3 tablespoons butter and egg in medium bowl. Whisk in milk, then stir in Gluten-Free Green Chile Cornbread Mix.
- Remove hot skillet from oven. Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter and swirl to coat pan. Pour in cornbread batter and return to oven. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until top is golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.