This handcrafted Mediterranean Spice Blend showcases the flavors of the region. We blended a coarse, flavorful medley of butcher-cut black peppercorns, sea salt, garlic, Aleppo chile and Mediterranean oregano.
- Zesty, herbaceous flavor
- Coarsely ground and crushed multicolored spices
- Contains mustard
- Ready to use. Add as needed.
- Season lamb, chicken, or beef before grilling
- Combine with oil and lemon juice for a marinade
- Use for focaccia, stuffed peppers, or potatoes
- Combine with oil and vinegar for a vinaigrett
Roasted Mediterranean Vegetables
Freshly roasted vegetables are a perfect way to showcase our handcrafted Mediterranean Spice Blend. This flavorful medley includes butcher-cut black peppercorns, sea salt, garlic, Aleppo chile and Mediterranean oregano.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 3″
- 2 medium red peppers, cleaned and sliced 1″
- 1 medium red onion, cleaned and sliced 1″
- 1 zucchini, sliced 1″
- 1 yellow squash, sliced 1″
- 2 large Portabella mushrooms, cleaned and brushed, sliced 1″
- 2 tablespoons F+F Mediterranean Spice Blend
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line large sheet pan with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Place vegetables in large bowl and add olive oil and F+F Mediterranean Spice Blend. Mix gently to evenly coat vegetables.
- Spread vegetables on sheet pan, transfer to oven and roast for 8 minutes. Use tongs to flip vegetables, and roast for additional 8 minutes.
- Carefully remove sheet pan from oven and serve.
Place meat on platter, drizzle with pan juices and squeeze roasted lemons on top of chicken before serving.
Sweet Molasses Meatballs
Prep time: 60 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Servings: 30 meatballs
- 1/2 pound of ground pork
- 1/2 pound of ground beef
- 1/2 pound of ground chicken
- 3 zested oranges
- 3 zested lemons
- 4 pieces of white bread
- 1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp parsley
- 3 tbsp F+F Mediterranean Spice Blend
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 6–8 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups of F+F Kentucky-Style Sweet Molasses BBQ Sauce
- Combine all meats into a bowl and mix until well distributed.
- Chop up the onion into a small dice, and sauté it in the garlic and ginger just until translucent. Set aside to cool.
- Zest the oranges, and lemons into the meat. Juice one of the oranges and one of the lemons into the meat.
- Add the milk, egg, panko, salt and pepper and combine.
- Tear the white bread into small bite size pieces and work it into the meat until combined.
- Toss in herbs and sautéed onion mixture and mix.
- Once all combined, scoop into tablespoon size balls and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to firm them up.
- Warm up F+F Kentucky-Style Sweet Molasses BBQ Sauce on stovetop or in a slow cooker, add in meatballs and cook low and slow, being careful not to boil the BBQ sauce.