French Gray Sea Salt is a moist, unrefined salt with a complex yet mild taste. Harvested by hand from the most renowned salt marshes of France, it is versatile as a cooking or finishing salt.
- Off-white or slightly gray
- Mild salty flavor tempered with minerality
- Large, coarse grains
- Ready to use. Add to taste. Season hearty foods such as roasted meats and root vegetables.
- Top confections and baked items such as salted caramel and bread with a moist salt crunch and unique balancing mineral flavor
Roasted Chicken with Herbes de Provence
Infused with the flavor of summery herbs common to Southern France — including thyme, lavender flowers, rosemary and marjoram — these aromatic chicken breasts are first seared in a hot pan and later finished in the oven until golden brown.
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon F+F French Gray Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fine ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons Herbes de Provence
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Rub chicken with 1 tablespoon olive oil, season with F+F French Gray Sea Salt and pepper, and rub with Herbes de Provence.
- Heat remaining olive oil in oven-safe pan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. When oil is shimmering, brown chicken skin-side down, working in batches, until caramelized and crisp, about 6 minutes per batch.
- Return all chicken to pan, skin-side up, and transfer to oven to roast until instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of breast, away from bone, registers 160°F, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes. Drizzle with pan sauces and serve hot.