Infused with the rich, fragrant flavor of subtly sweet cherrywood smoke, our Cherrywood Smoke Sea Salt adds a mild smokiness and salty crunch to a wide variety of foods.
- Crisp, crunchy, coarse grains
- Rich, smoky flavor and aroma with sweet notes
- Pairs well with lighter proteins like fish and poultry
- Ready to use. Add to taste.
- Ideal for poultry, seafood, sauces, salads, soups, or as a finishing salt
- Sprinkle onto hot buttered popcorn or french fries
- Use as a unique rimming salt for savory cocktails
Smoky Harissa Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges
Our Harissa Spice Blend infuses these crispy baked sweet potatoes with the spicy flavor of chiles and a complex array of savory spices, while our Cherrywood Smoke Sea Salt adds rich smokiness. The combination of sweet, spicy and smoky makes this dish an addictive side option for everything from burgers to grilled chicken.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- 2 tablespoons F+F Harissa Spice Blend
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon F+F Cherrywood Smoke Sea Salt
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F, and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Stir together F+F Harissa Spice Blend, cumin, and F+F Cherrywood Smoke Sea Salt in small bowl.
- Toss sweet potato wedges with oil in large mixing bowl until well-coated. Sprinkle spice mixture lightly over wedges, while tossing, to thoroughly coat.
- Transfer wedges to prepared baking sheets, and bake 35 to 40 minutes, until potatoes are tender and crispy at edges, tossing once halfway through cooking.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh cilantro. Serve hot.
BACK TO TOP
Dark Chocolate and Cherrywood Smoke Sea Salt Cookies
Think of these as your favorite chocolate chip cookies from childhood, all grown up. Dark chocolate chips accented with aromatic coarse Cherrywood Smoke Sea Salt sets off the flavor of the chocolate and adds complexity.
Cook time: 30 minutes
Servings: 30 cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon premium Madagascar bourbon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Cherrywood Smoke Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter and sugars together until pale and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla extract and beat for 1 minute.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda and regular salt in medium bowl. Add dry mixture to wet mixture, and beat on low speed until just incorporated. Mix in dark chocolate pieces.
- Drop tablespoon-sized scoops of cookie dough onto prepared baking sheets, leaving about 2 inches of room between cookies. Sprinkle generously with Cherrywood Smoke Sea Salt.
- Bake cookies until just golden brown, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool on pan for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.