Our Effortless Green Enchilada Sauce Mix is the perfect accompaniment to your favorite enchilada recipe. The tart, bright flavor of aromatic herbs and spices includes chiles, tomatillos, onions, and garlic.
Effortless Green Enchilada Sauce Mix is the perfect accompaniment to your favorite enchilada recipe. Add water, let the sauce starter marinate and rehydrate, and then serve it over vegetarian or chicken enchiladas with cheese and beans as a side dish.
Effortless Green Enchilada Sauce Mix adds a pop of color and tomatillo, chile, and herb flavor to your favorite enchilada recipe.
- Use sauce to make vegetarian, chicken, beef or pork enchiladas
- Add as a layer in bean dip
- Use to dress braised pulled pork or chicken
- Add to Mac and Cheese to bump up the flavor
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 2 pounds bone-in chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 small white onion, cut in half
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup F+F Green Enchilada Sauce Mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1 cup Mexican crema
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- Place chicken parts in a large saucepan with onion, garlic and salt, and cover with water. Heat pan over high heat until liquid comes to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and let simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove chicken and let cool, reserving stock. Using your fingers or two forks, shred meat from chicken and reserve, discarding skin and bones.
- In medium sauté pan set over medium-high heat, heat oil until it begins to shimmer. Using tongs or a wide spatula, place a tortilla in the hot oil; it should start to bubble immediately. Heat tortilla for about 10 seconds a side, until soft and lightly browned. Remove tortilla and set into a baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas, working quickly.
- Combine the F+F Green Enchilada Sauce Mix and reserved stock from cooking chicken. One cup is required; use water if needed. Stir to a smooth sauce and heat to a simmer.
- Spread each fried tortilla with a little enchilada sauce and 1 or 2 tablespoons of shredded chicken and roll up. Place it seam-side down in the pan, nestling each one against the last. Cover this with the remaining enchilada sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
- Place this under a broiler set to low until the enchilada sauce is hot and bubbly. Serve with crema, chopped onion and fresh cilantro.