Our Mesquite Horseradish Mustard is a wonderful combination of grainy stone-ground mustard and smokey mesquite with a hint of white wine. It’s a great balance for any sandwich, potato salad, or charcuterie board. Use as is on sandwiches, burgers, and brats, or in your favorite recipe instead of yellow mustard for a smoky, tangy kick.
Oyster Cheddar Pie
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 (16-ounce) containers freshly shucked oysters, drained
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons F+F Mesquite Horseradish Mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper Salt and black pepper
- 12 small pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a pan and sauté the onion, bell pepper, celery and green onion until soft, 5–7 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and stir 1 minute more.
- Add the white wine and cook until thoroughly evaporated.
- Add the oysters and simmer until cooked, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- In a separate pan, melt 1 tablespoon butter and stir in the flour until incorporated.
- Add the cream and continue stirring until the mixture is smooth and thickened.
- Add the cheeses and F+F Mesquite Horseradish Mustard, stirring until cheese is melted.
- Add the parsley and crushed red pepper. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine cheese sauce with the oyster mixture.
- Fill pie crusts about halfway up the side, making sure there’s an oyster in each.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and combine with the breadcrumbs in a bowl.
- Generously sprinkle the top of each oyster pie with breadcrumbs and bake until bubbly, about 10 minutes.
- Switch oven to broil and cook only until golden brown on top. Let cool a little before serving.
BACK TO TOP
Bacon Wrapped Grilled Brats
Prep time: 10–15 minutes
Grill time: 10–15 minutes
- 6 brats, sliced into 1-1/2 inch lengths
- 1 pound bacon, sliced in half, then fourths
- Bamboo skewers
- Soak bamboo skewers and toothpicks in water at least 30 minutes before grilling.
- Prepare grill; allow coals to die down until ash is formed, approximately 30 minutes after lighting.
- Wrap bacon pieces around brats and secure with toothpicks. Slide onto skewers.
- Place on grill; leave until bacon is crisp (keep a spray bottle handy in case grease causes flames to rise up) and brats are crisping around the edges.
- Slide brats off skewers and remove toothpicks, if desired, before serving.
- Serve with your choice of F+F Mesquite Horseradish Mustard, F+F Champagne Honey Mustard, and/or F+F Lemon Dill+ Caper Horseradish Dip.