Ancho Honey Citrus Seasoning is a finely formulated mix of sweet and spicy flavors. The Ancho Chile blend adds a slightly smoky flavor with a subtle heat while honey and lemon bring balance and brightness to round out the flavor profile.
- Balanced Ancho chile heat balanced with sweet honey powder and citrus
- Mild, sweet heat
- Fine powder with larger bits of granulated Ancho chiles
- Ready to use
- Add to taste
- Use as a seasoning for grilled meat or vegetables
- Add to soups or stews
- Toss with fries, chicken wings, or onion rings
- Whisk with oil to marinade meat or poultry
Grapefruit Margarita with Ancho Honey Seasoning Rim
F+F Ancho Honey Citrus Seasoning is a finely formulated mix of sweet and spicy flavors. Used to rim this intriguing grapefruit margarita.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Makes 1 serving
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons F+F Ancho Honey Citrus Seasoning
- 1-1/2 fluid ounces tequila
- 3/4 fluid ounce grapefruit juice
- 1/2 fluid ounce agave syrup
- Rub lime wedge along edge of cocktail glass.
- Pour F+F Ancho Honey Citrus Seasoning on small plate. Rotate moistened edge of cocktail glass in seasoning, encrusting edge of glass with ring of seasoning.
- Combine tequila, agave syrup and grapefruit juice in cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake until cold, then strain into glass. Garnish with a slice of grapefruit or a cocktail shrimp.
Ancho Honey Barbecue Ribs
Our Ancho Honey Citrus Seasoning blend has everything you need for a spicy and sweet barbecue rub. You can smoke these ribs if you’d like, but here is a simple alternative for the oven, which allows you to experience the best of summer cooking in the comfort of your own kitchen.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 3 hours
- 2 racks pork baby back ribs
- 1-1/2 cups F+F Ancho Honey Citrus Seasoning
- 1 gallon water
- 1 cup F+F Honey Habanero BBQ Sauce
- Rub ribs generously with F+F Ancho Honey Citrus Seasoning, and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove ribs from refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 250°F and insert pan filled with water in bottom of oven.
- Place ribs on wire rack, curved side down, on baking sheet, and cook for 2 to 3 hours or until meat is tender. If ribs are becoming too dark, turn them over once or twice while cooking. Ten minutes before ribs are done, brush with F+F Honey Habanero BBQ Sauce.