Apples and bacon are slow simmered in sugar and apple juice to create this sweet, and savory Bacon + Apple Jam. Ready to eat. Use as a topping on meats and cheeses or in recipes to add a sweet and savory element to dishes. Top it on burgers, use it to create an incredible baked brie, or spread it on a BLT!
Bacon Apple Turnovers
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups water
- 4 Granny Smith apples — peeled, cored, and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup F+F Bacon + Apple Jam
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Combine the lemon and 4 cups water in a large bowl. Place the sliced apples in the water to keep them from browning.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Drain water from apples, and place them into the hot skillet. Cook and stir for about 2 minutes.
- Add in F+F Bacon & Apple Jam and cinnamon, and cook, stirring for 2 more minutes.
- In a bowl, stir together cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water.
- Pour into the skillet, and mix well. Cook for another minute, or until sauce has thickened.
- Remove from heat to cool slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Unfold puff pastry sheets and repair any cracks by pressing them back together.
- Trim each sheet into a square. Then cut each larger square into 4 smaller squares.
- Spoon apples onto the center of each square. Fold over from corner to corner into a triangle shape, and press edges together to seal.
- Brush beaten egg over the top of each turnover, and sprinkle with white sugar before baking.
- Place turnovers on a baking sheet, leaving about 1 inch between them.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until turnovers are puffed and lightly browned.
BACK TO TOP
Bacon Apple Thumbprint Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup F+F Bacon & Apple Jam
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar and egg yolks.
- Mix in flour a little bit at a time until a soft dough forms.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls. If dough is too soft, refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Place balls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Use your finger or an instrument of similar size to make a well in the center of each cookie. Fill the hole with 1/2 teaspoon of F+F Bacon & Apple Jam.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown on the bottom.
- Remove from cookie sheet to cool on wire racks.