Harissa is a hot chile paste ubiquitous in North African cuisine and made from a variety of spicy chiles. Harissa Spice Blend captures the bold, smoky flavor of the classic sauce using an all-natural blend of fiery chiles, garlic, tomato, and warm spices.
- Hot, spicy flavor of chiles with a complex array of savory spices
- Coarsely ground and crushed spices
- Deep, rusty red color
- Ready to use. Add to taste.
- Create a bold, spicy rub for roasted meats
- Add to olive oil and garlic for a classic condiment
- Use to flavor soups, stews, and salads
Smoky Harissa Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges
Our Harissa Spice Blend infuses these crispy baked sweet potatoes with the spicy flavor of chiles and a complex array of savory spices, while our Cherrywood Smoke Sea Salt adds rich smokiness. The combination of sweet, spicy and smoky makes this dish an addictive side option for everything from burgers to grilled chicken.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- 2 tablespoons F+F Harissa Spice Blend
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon F+F Cherrywood Smoke Sea Salt
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F, and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Stir together F+F Harissa Spice Blend, cumin, and F+F Cherrywood Smoke Sea Salt in small bowl.
- Toss sweet potato wedges with oil in large mixing bowl until well-coated. Sprinkle spice mixture lightly over wedges, while tossing, to thoroughly coat.
- Transfer wedges to prepared baking sheets, and bake 35 to 40 minutes, until potatoes are tender and crispy at edges, tossing once halfway through cooking.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh cilantro. Serve hot.