Our Truffle Parmesan + Black Garlic Seasoning is a rich seasoning blend which combines the potent, savory flavors of truffles and black garlic with the salty tang of Parmesan cheese.
- Artful blend of umami-rich ingredients
- Super-savory seasoning elevates simple dishes and elaborate recipes alike
- Fine white powder with flecks and flakes of black garlic and dried truffles
- Naturally gluten free
- Ready to use. Add to taste.
- Heighten umami-rich foods such as roasted meats
- Toss with freshly fried or roasted potatoes
- Use to crust meats or seafood before grilling
- Add richness to risotto or pasta dishes
High-quality black truffle salt provides a base of umami-rich flavor to this blend. The mellow, round mushroom-notes of the truffles are heightened with the taste of natural sea salt.
The black garlic brings in a slightly sweet but clearly savory note with its own unique tang. Black garlic is a traditional preparation important to many Asian cuisines, made by fermenting fresh garlic cloves. The enzymes active through the fermentation process tone down some of the garlic’s harsh or acrid notes and creates deep, some say almost bitter chocolate-like flavors that plays incredibly well with the layers of truffle and parmesan cheese. Black garlic is maybe best described as being deeply, thoroughly caramelized garlic.
The Parmesan cheese adds its own nutty, slightly salty flavor to the blend. It’s a key element in balancing the interplay of the savory truffle flavors with the almost sweet black garlic.
Truffle Parmesan + Black Garlic Crusted Steak
This Truffle Parmesan & Black Garlic Crusted Steak is cooked to perfection in a cast iron skillet.
- 2 tenderloin or filet mignon, at least 1-1/2 inches thick, alternatively sirloin, NY strip or strip steak
- 1/2 cup F+F Truffle Parmesan + Black Garlic Seasoning blend
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Place steak on a large cutting board, letting it come to room temperature (about 20 minutes). This will help the steak cook more evenly.
- Sprinkle all sides of the steak with F+F Truffle Parmesan + Black Garlic Seasoning blend making sure it is generously coated.
Directions for Cooking:
- Place the cast iron skillet on a large burner on the stove and let it heat up before adding the butter and olive oil. Once the skillet it hot, reduce the heat to medium, add the butter and olive oil. Butter should melt immediately.
- Place steaks in the middle of the pan, but not crowding each other. Sear (do not flip them) for 4–5 minutes. Do not move during the searing time. Don’t be tempted to lift to check.
- After 4–5 minutes, flip each steak and do not move for an additional 4–5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, use tongs to sear each edge for 1–2 minutes. Make sure all the edges are seared.
- Once you have seared the edges, check the internal temperature steak and continue to cook on low until it reaches your desired temperature. Medium to medium-rare is an internal temperature of about 145°F.
- Remove from pan to a platter when steaks have reached desired doneness and let rest for 5–10 minutes before serving.
Truffle Parmesan + Black Garlic Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter plus more for bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 4 ounces cream cheese—softened to room temp
- 12 ounces grated white cheddar
- 8 ounces gruyere grated
- 3 tbsp. F+F Truffle Parmesan + Black Garlic Seasoning
- 2 tsp F+F All Purpose Seasoning
- Bread crumbs
- In large pot boil pasta in well salted water until al dente.
- In large saucepan melt butter until bubbling. Add in flour and whisk for 2 to 3 minutes until combined and golden brown.
- Slowly whisk in milk and heavy cream mix until smooth adding salt, pepper, nutmeg and F+F Truffle Parmesan + Black Garlic Seasoning.
- Add cream cheese mix until melted and smooth. Add other cheese and repeat mixing in until smooth and melted.
- Pour melted cheese mixture into cooked pasta. Stir to combine.
- Place in individual serving or in casserole dish.
- Mix bread crumbs with small amount of melted butter and F+F All Purpose Seasoning—top macaroni and cheese.
- Bake at 350°F until bubbly and golden brown, approx. 30 minutes.