Our Truffle Parmesan + Black Garlic Seasoning is a rich seasoning blend which combines the potent, savory flavors of truffles and black garlic with the salty tang of Parmesan cheese.
- Artful blend of umami-rich ingredients
- Super-savory seasoning elevates simple dishes and elaborate recipes alike
- Fine white powder with flecks and flakes of black garlic and dried truffles
- Naturally gluten free
- Ready to use. Add to taste.
- Heighten umami-rich foods such as roasted meats
- Toss with freshly fried or roasted potatoes
- Use to crust meats or seafood before grilling
- Add richness to risotto or pasta dishes
High-quality black truffle salt provides a base of umami-rich flavor to this blend. The mellow, round mushroom-notes of the truffles are heightened with the taste of natural sea salt.
The black garlic brings in a slightly sweet but clearly savory note with its own unique tang. Black garlic is a traditional preparation important to many Asian cuisines, made by fermenting fresh garlic cloves. The enzymes active through the fermentation process tone down some of the garlic’s harsh or acrid notes and creates deep, some say almost bitter chocolate-like flavors that plays incredibly well with the layers of truffle and parmesan cheese. Black garlic is maybe best described as being deeply, thoroughly caramelized garlic.
The Parmesan cheese adds its own nutty, slightly salty flavor to the blend. It’s a key element in balancing the interplay of the savory truffle flavors with the almost sweet black garlic.
- Truffle Parmesan + Black Garlic Crusted Steak
- Truffle Parmesan + Black Garlic Macaroni and Cheese
- Truffle Parmesan + Black Garlic Smashed Potatoes
- Truffle Parmesan + Black Garlic Popcorn
Truffle Parmesan + Black Garlic Crusted Steak
This Truffle Parmesan & Black Garlic Crusted Steak is cooked to perfection in a cast iron skillet.
- 2 tenderloin or filet mignon, at least 1-1/2 inches thick, alternatively sirloin, NY strip or strip steak
- 1/2 cup F+F Truffle Parmesan + Black Garlic Seasoning blend
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Place steak on a large cutting board, letting it come to room temperature (about 20 minutes). This will help the steak cook more evenly.
- Sprinkle all sides of the steak with F+F Truffle Parmesan + Black Garlic Seasoning blend making sure it is generously coated.
Directions for Cooking:
- Place the cast iron skillet on a large burner on the stove and let it heat up before adding the butter and olive oil. Once the skillet it hot, reduce the heat to medium, add the butter and olive oil. Butter should melt immediately.
- Place steaks in the middle of the pan, but not crowding each other. Sear (do not flip them) for 4–5 minutes. Do not move during the searing time. Don’t be tempted to lift to check.
- After 4–5 minutes, flip each steak and do not move for an additional 4–5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, use tongs to sear each edge for 1–2 minutes. Make sure all the edges are seared.
- Once you have seared the edges, check the internal temperature steak and continue to cook on low until it reaches your desired temperature. Medium to medium-rare is an internal temperature of about 145°F.
- Remove from pan to a platter when steaks have reached desired doneness and let rest for 5–10 minutes before serving.
BACK TO TOP
Truffle Parmesan + Black Garlic Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter plus more for bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 4 ounces cream cheese—softened to room temp
- 12 ounces grated white cheddar
- 8 ounces gruyere grated
- 3 tbsp. F+F Truffle Parmesan + Black Garlic Seasoning
- 2 tsp F+F All Purpose Seasoning
- Bread crumbs
- In large pot boil pasta in well salted water until al dente.
- In large saucepan melt butter until bubbling. Add in flour and whisk for 2 to 3 minutes until combined and golden brown.
- Slowly whisk in milk and heavy cream mix until smooth adding salt, pepper, nutmeg and F+F Truffle Parmesan + Black Garlic Seasoning.
- Add cream cheese mix until melted and smooth. Add other cheese and repeat mixing in until smooth and melted.
- Pour melted cheese mixture into cooked pasta. Stir to combine.
- Place in individual serving or in casserole dish.
- Mix bread crumbs with small amount of melted butter and F+F All Purpose Seasoning—top macaroni and cheese.
- Bake at 350°F until bubbly and golden brown, approx. 30 minutes.
BACK TO TOP
Truffle Parmesan + Black Garlic Smashed Potatoes
Prep time: 35 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Servings: 4 cups
- 1/4 cup chopped dill
- 1–4 tbsp of F+F Truffle Parmesan + Black Garlic Seasoning
- 2 lbs red potatoes (2-inch size works best)
- 4 tbsp butter (as needed)
- 1–2 tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Place potatoes in a large pot and fill water until all potatoes are covered.
- Lightly salt the water and bring to a boil, reduce heat once a boil is reached and cook until tender. About 15–18 more minutes pending potato size. The potatoes should be barley cooked.
- Once done, remove potatoes and allow for them to cool.
- Place potatoes on a sheet tray and lightly toss in olive oil. Use the bottom of a flat glass, or measuring cup to crush the potatoes. Add additional olive oil to the bottom of the cup and slowly press down until the potatoes are about 1/4-inch thick.
- Crush all potatoes and then air fry at 390°F for 15–20 minutes. Flip potatoes halfway. (You can use an oven as well at 400°F. Cook time will be slower.)
- Remove potatoes from air fry and immediately toss in F+F Truffle Parmesan + Black Garlic Seasoning, dill, melted butter and pepper/salt until desired taste.
BACK TO TOP
Truffle Parmesan + Black Garlic Popcorn
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5–10 minutes
- 3 cups of popped popcorn
- 2 tsp butter/ghee
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1–3 tsp F+F Truffle Parmesan + Black Garlic Seasoning
- Prepare popcorn kernels based on purchased packaged OR use pre-popped popcorn.
- Combine the olive oil with the butter and melt the butter in the microwave or over on the stove top.
- Once melted, slowly pour and toss onto the popcorn.
- Slowly add the F+F Truffle Parmesan + Black Garlic Seasoning and toss. Taste as you go for desired strength.