Our Moroccan Spiced Couscous is a blend of seasoned semolina pasta pearls and a fragrant combination of turmeric, dried chiles, orange peel and mustard. It offers the convenience of a shorter cook time than traditional couscous.
- Mostly yellow with flecks of green and red
- Tiny granules, the size of a pinhead
- Carefully balanced sweet and savory flavor
- All natural
Made from semolina flour that is moistened and rolled into form, couscous provides a unique alternative to rice or grains due to its adaptability to a variety of flavor profiles. Couscous is native to North Africa, where it is traditionally paired with meats and vegetables and served with a sauce. Can be used like rice or pasta to provide unique texture and variety. Serve with vegetable or meat-based Moroccan tagines or stir-fries.
Moroccan Spiced Couscous with Chickpeas and Roasted Vegetables
This simple side dish, loaded with roasted vegetables and protein-rich chickpeas, is hearty enough to serve as a vegan main dish and accentuates the delicious sweet and savory spices of our Moroccan Spiced Couscous.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 carrot, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced and cut into 2-inch segments
- 1/2 red onion, cut into chunks and separated
- 1 zucchini, cut into large dice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fine ground black pepper
- 1-1/4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup F+F Moroccan Spiced Couscous
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas (substitute canned if desired)
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss together carrots, bell pepper, red onions and zucchini in large mixing bowl with olive oil, salt and black pepper until thoroughly coated.
- Turn out onto foil-lined rimmed baking sheet, transfer to oven and bake until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- While vegetables roast, bring water to a boil in large saucepan. Remove from heat and pour in F+F Moroccan Spiced Couscous, chickpeas and raisins. Stir, cover and let sit for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork.
- Add roasted vegetables, pine nuts and lemon juice to couscous mixture, and toss to thoroughly combine.