Our Porcini Mushroom Risotto is an elegant blend of absorbent Arborio rice and premium porcini mushrooms with herbs, spices and aromatics. This blend is a quick way to create a classic, rustic risotto flavored with real porcini mushrooms.
- Fully seasoned and ready to cook
- Short grain white rice with pieces of mushrooms, herbs, and spices
- Naturally gluten free
The classic flavor combination balances the creamy character of risotto with the rich umami flavor of premium dried mushrooms. Risotto is an Italian culinary marvel, combining the wholesomeness of rice with quality flavorings and spices. Serve as a savory side instead of stuffing.
- Serve along side wild game, poultry and beef
- Add a healthy serving of steamed vegetables for a hearty vegetarian meal
- Mix in a little mascarpone cheese for a creamier consistency
Pork Loin Stuffed with Porcini Risotto
This stuffed pork loin makes a truly stunning centerpiece for a party or holiday dinner, but our convenient Porcini Mushroom Risotto makes it easy enough to put together any day of the week. For best results, take your time trimming and flattening the pork loin.
Prep time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
- 3 pounds pork loin roast
- 2 cups F+F Porcini Mushroom Risotto, cooked and cooled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Butcher’s twine
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butterfly pork loin to prepare for stuffing: Make one long deep slice lengthwise through pork loin, leaving at least 3/4 inch uncut; open loin like book. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and pound into 1/2-thick piece.
- Spread F+F Porcini Mushroom Risotto in even layer, about 1/4-inch thick, stopping about 1 inch from long edge of tenderloin. Roll tenderloin tightly and tie securely with butcher’s twine every 1 inch. Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place pork on rimmed baking sheet. Transfer to preheated oven and roast until internal temperature reaches 150°F.
- Increase oven temperature to 500°F. Roast, checking every few minutes, until exterior is rich brown color and crispy, 5–7 minutes. Remove from oven and cover loosely with foil; rest 5 minutes. Remove twine then slice to serve.