Our Portuguese Piri Piri Spice Blend is a dry seasoning that recreates the combination of zesty chile heat and bright citrus flavors that are characteristic of piri-piri sauce.
- Recreates the zesty heat of authentic piri-piri sauce with ground piri-piri chiles and lemon peel
- Pronounced citrus notes are augmented with smoky paprika
- Ready to use as-is, or can be turned into a sauce or paste by stirring in olive oil and lemon juice
- Ready to use. Add to taste.
- Use for calde verde, traditional Portuguese soup
- Add to olive oil and lemon juice for hot sauce
- Delicious dry rub for seafood, poultry, or meat
- Sprinkle over sautéed or roasted vegetables
Grilled Piri Piri Chicken Wings
Piri Piri Spice Blend is an addictively spicy and zesty flavor powerhouse that will change how chicken is prepared. Our F+F Piri Piri Spice Blend is citrusy and hot with a smoky, garlic balance. This spice blend is made for chicken on the grill and hot wings are a quick, easy choice for showing off cooking skills.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons F+F Piri Piri Spice Blend
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Heat a grill to medium-high temperature.
- Mix the butter with 1 tablespoon of F+F Piri Piri Spice Blend.
- Place the chicken wings in a bowl and toss thoroughly with the remaining tablespoon of F+F Piri Piri Spice Blend. Place the chicken wings on the grill an inch apart to prevent flare-ups.
- Move the wings frequently charring each side, but do not pull on them. If the chicken sticks leave it on the grill. When the skins are charred they will lift off easily.
- Cover the grill between turning the wings and allow the chicken to cook, about 25 minutes for 165° F in the thick part of the wing.
- In a clean bowl, add the piri piri butter. Toss the cooked wings in the bowl with the piri piri butter, garnish with cilantro and serve.