Earthy Seasoning is a carefully crafted blend of finely chopped mushrooms, aromatic vegetables and herbs. It is specifically created to naturally enhance the savory flavor of your favorite foods.
- Finely ground powder
- Unique blend of savory ingredients, including umami-rich mushrooms, garlic, and tomato
- Naturally gluten free
- Ready to use. Add to taste.
- Sprinkle on grilled or roasted meats before serving
- Add extra richness to soups or stews
- Delicious on grilled fish and poultry
- Use to enhance savory flavors in burgers or sausages
Classic Pot Roast
Our unique Earthy Seasoning is a carefully crafted blend of finely chopped mushrooms, aromatic vegetables and herbs. In this recipe, it lends an unmistakable meaty, savory depth to a classic pot roast.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 160 minutes
- 3 pound chuck roast
- 1 teaspoon kosher sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons F+F Earthy Seasoning, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound small red or yellow potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 small carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Heat large Dutch oven over medium heat. Season chuck roast with salt, ground black pepper and 2 teaspoons F+F Earthy Seasoning. Add olive oil to hot pan, followed by roast. Allow roast to sear for 5 minutes per side.
- Place potatoes, onion and carrots in pan around roast. Add garlic, tomato paste, thyme and rosemary and pour beef broth over. Stir well, bring pan to a simmer and turn down to low. Cover and cook for 2 hours.
- Mix melted butter and flour together in small bowl. Add this mixture to liquid in pan and stir to incorporate. Cook, covered, for another 30 minutes.
- Pot roast is ready when fork tender. Sprinkle remaining teaspoon F+F Earthy Seasoning over meat and gravy. Serve.