The rich flavor of the Sweet Bourbon Grillin’ Sauce combines the saltiness of the soy sauce and the sweetness of the brown sugar. Great on salmon, ribs, and many other types of meat. Brings the rich flavor of bourbon from the bar into the kitchen. Use as a topping, marinade, or dipping sauce.
Sweet Bourbon Grilled Salmon
- 2–4 6 oz. pieces of Coho salmon
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 bottle F+F Sweet Bourbon Grillin’ Sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- With a basting brush, lightly brush both sides of your salmon filets with olive oil, reserving a little to brush on your clean grill grate. Important! Your grill grate must be clean for this recipe to work. Otherwise, your salmon will stick and create a big mess.
- Lightly season each side of your salmon with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. Preheat your grill of choice to 400°F.
- While grill is preheating, pour 4 oz. of F+F Sweet Bourbon Grillin’ Sauce into a small saucepan and heat on stove until sauce starts to slightly simmer. You want it warm, not boiling.
- Once your grill is preheated to the desired temperature, brush your cleaned grill grate with olive oil and place salmon, skin side up, on your grill for 5 minutes with lid closed.
- With a wide spatula, flip salmon and brush top side with F+F Sweet Bourbon Grillin’ Sauce and cook for 5 minutes longer.
- Glaze salmon with F+F Sweet Bourbon Grillin’ Sauce once more and remove from grill, let cool for 5–10 minutes. Serve with your favorite sides.