Bring the unbeatable flavors of a Kentucky-Style Sweet Molasses BBQ Sauce to your backyard cookout—rich molasses, piquant apple cider vinegar and a signature blend of spices create an unbeatable compliment to pork, beef, or chicken. A sweet delicious topping for pulled pork, sausages or burgers or use to marinate meat before cooking in the oven or on the grill.
Southern Pulled Pork
- 1 pork shoulder/Boston butt
- About 1/4 cup F+F Organic Mesquite Seasoning Rub
- 3 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- F+F Kentucky-Style Sweet Molasses BBQ Sauce to taste
Rub pork shoulder/butt with yellow mustard (gives seasoning something to stick to). Then, generously rub with F+F Organic Mesquite Seasoning Rub. Wrap it, and let it sit in the refrigerator for 24 hours to allow the spices to penetrate the meat.
- Heat smoker/grill or oven to 225°F. Indirect heat works the best. Add your favorite soaked wood chips to add the smoked flavor.
- Allow pork to come to room temperature then place in smoker or oven.
- Smoke/roast Boston butt about 60–90 minutes per pound.
- Every 2-1/2 hours, turn the roast to ensure even cooking. Mop with combination of apple juice and olive oil to keep it moist.
- The meat is done when the internal temperature is above 190°F.
Low heat and slow cooking time is the key to tender, moist pulled pork. Don’t be afraid to start early because it can take longer than expected. If it gets done early, wrap it in foil and put it in a cooler. It will keep warm for hours after it is done.
Let the smoked/roasted Boston butt sit for about an hour after it is done so you don’t burn your fingers as you pull the meat or use pulling forks. After pulling the pork roast apart, apply F+F Kentucky Style Sweet Molasses BBQ Sauce to taste and serve.
BACK TO TOP
Wet Baby Back Ribs
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 8–10 hours
- 2 racks beef baby back ribs
- 1/2 cup F+F Chipotle BBQ Seasoning Rub
- 1/2 cup F+F Kentucky-Style Sweet Molasses BBQ Sauce
- If your butcher has not already done so, remove the thin, papery membrane from the bone-side of the ribs by working the tip of a butter knife underneath the membrane over a middle bone. Use paper towels to get a firm grip, then tear the membrane off.
- Season both sides of ribs with F+F Chipotle BBQ Seasoning Rub.
- When ready to cook, set the smoker/grill temperature to 225°F and preheat with the lid closed for 15 minutes.
- Set the ribs directly on the grill grates, bone-side down.
- Close the lid and cook until the internal temperature reaches 205°F, approximately 8–10 hours.
- Remove ribs from grill and let rest, lightly covered with foil, for 20 minutes before slicing
- Baste with F+F Kentucky-Style Sweet Molasses BBQ Sauce before serving.
BACK TO TOP
Sweet Molasses Meatballs
Prep time: 60 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Servings: 30 meatballs
- 1/2 pound of ground pork
- 1/2 pound of ground beef
- 1/2 pound of ground chicken
- 3 zested oranges
- 3 zested lemons
- 4 pieces of white bread
- 1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp parsley
- 3 tbsp F+F Mediterranean Spice Blend
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 6–8 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups of F+F Kentucky-Style Sweet Molasses BBQ Sauce
- Combine all meats into a bowl and mix until well distributed.
- Chop up the onion into a small dice, and sauté it in the garlic and ginger just until translucent. Set aside to cool.
- Zest the oranges, and lemons into the meat. Juice one of the oranges and one of the lemons into the meat.
- Add the milk, egg, panko, salt and pepper and combine.
- Tear the white bread into small bite size pieces and work it into the meat until combined.
- Toss in herbs and sautéed onion mixture and mix.
- Once all combined, scoop into tablespoon size balls and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to firm them up.
- Warm up F+F Kentucky-Style Sweet Molasses BBQ Sauce on stovetop or in a slow cooker, add in meatballs and cook low and slow, being careful not to boil the BBQ sauce.